We are delighted to announce this year’s summer studentship scheme in collaboration with the Cystic fibrosis Trust, offering promising medical and science undergraduates hands-on experience of research during the summer vacation period. If you are supervising any relevant students, or are a relevant student yourself we would strongly encourage you to make an application.
The scheme aims to attract the brightest and best into a future career in research, combining clinical practice with an active research programme.
A total of 10 studentships will be available, each lasting a maximum of eight weeks, in the following areas:
- Cystic fibrosis (four places).
- A specific lung condition, such as lung cancer, mesothelioma, COPD or interstitial lung disease (four places).
- Cross-respiratory research, with value across all areas, such as pulmonary infections (two places).
The award will comprise:
- a stipend of £1,200 for living expenses,
- £300 for consumables (including poster printing costs), and
- expenses for attending the UK CF conference in September 2016, (for those undertaking a CF project), or another relevant UK respiratory conference (for those researching other lung conditions). Please refer to the CF Trust website for further details and requirements.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5PM, FRIDAY 8 APRIL 2016